Powerful product, country and functional silos are jeopardizing companies’ marketing efforts. Because of silos, firms misallocate resources, send inconsistent messages to the marketplace and fail to leverage scale economies and successes, all of which can threaten a company’s survival. As David Aaker shows in Spanning Silos, the unfettered decentralization that produces silos is no longer feasible in today’s marketplace. It’s up to chief marketing officers to break down silo walls to foster cooperation and synergy.
In this age of dynamic markets, new media and globalization, getting the different parts of your organization to collaborate is more critical (and more difficult) than ever. This book gives you the road map you need to accomplish that feat.
- Strengthen your credibility with silo teams and your CEO
- Use cross-functional teams and other strategic-linking devices
- Foster communication across silos
- Select the right CMO role from facilitator to strategic captain
- Develop common-planning processes
- Adapt your brand strategy to silo units
- Allocate marketing dollars strategically across silos
- Develop silo-spanning marketing programs
About the Author
David Aaker, is the author of over one hundred articles and 18 books on marketing, business strategy and branding that have sold over one million copies. A recognized authority on branding, he has developed concepts and methods on brand building that are used by organizations around the world.
David Aaker and Prophet can help your business span silos and maximize the success of your marketing efforts – contact us.