In his new book, “X: The Experience When Business Meets Design,” bestselling author Brian Solis shares why great products are no longer good enough to win with customers and why creative marketing and delightful customer service too are not enough to succeed. In X, he shares why the future of business is experiential and how to create and cultivate meaningful experiences.
This isn’t your ordinary business book. The idea of a book was re-imagined for a digital meets analog world to be a relevant and sensational experience. Its aesthetic was meant to evoke emotion while also giving new perspective and insights to help you win the hearts and minds of your customers. And, the design of this book, along with what fills its pages, was done using the principles shared within.
- How our own experience gets in the way of designing for people not like us
- Why empathy and new perspective unlock creativity and innovation
- The importance of User Experience (UX) in real life and in executive thinking
- The humanity of Human-Centered Design in all you do
- The art of Hollywood storytelling from marketing to product design to packaging
- Apple’s holistic approach to experience architecture
- The value of different journey and experience mapping approaches
About the Author
Brian Solis is globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders in business innovation. As a digital analyst, anthropologist and futurist, he studies disruptive technology and its impact on business and society. More so, through his research reports, articles and books, he humanizes technology’s causal effect to help people see people differently and understand what to do about it. Brian has authored several bestselling books including “What’s the Future of Business (WTF),” “Engage!” and “The End of Business as Usual.”
Connect with Brian for more insights on how to connect business and design to create ultimate experiences with your brand.