Organizations considering implementing conversational interfaces, whether for personal or professional uses, typically rely on partners for the technology stack, but there are plenty of considerations that span beyond the technical. While it’s too early in the game to call them “best practices,” Susan Etlinger offers six guidelines for organizations considering piloting and/or implementing conversational AI:
- Start with a clear and focused use case
- The objective determines the interaction model
- Multiple contexts require careful planning and clear choices
- Sustained interactions require sustained contextual understanding
- EQ is as important as IQ
- Branding opportunities are tiny but potent
Read the full article in O’Reilly.