Stories are a hot topic in marketing because they gain attention, persuade and are easily remembered. That is particularly true in the digital world where content is king and stories draw people in.
The concept of a signature story – an intriguing, authentic, involving narrative – applies the power of stories to strategic messaging.
Communicating the organization’s brand vision, values and strategy is a way to create a connection with customers and inspire and guide employees; something that is nearly impossible to do with a set of facts. Leaning to create and leverage signature stories has truly become a “must have” management competence.
- Defines a new concept, signature stories, that helps organizations introduce storytelling into strategic messaging both internally and externally.
- Explains the power of storytelling to energize, gain visibility, persuade and inspire.
- Explains how to find or create signature stories, evaluate their potential and leverage them over time.
- Leverages a variety of case studies to illustrate concepts and provide examples.
“A great story for storytellers everywhere. David Aaker’s in-depth look at what makes a great story plus his powerful examples are a shining example for brands, marketers and all of us who recognize the power of signature stories to inspire, motivate, sell and drive our companies forward.” – Linda Boff, VP & CMO at GE.
“The father of modern branding, David Aaker argues persuasively that in our hyper-growing but fragmented digital, social and content worlds, effective brand storytelling cuts through the noise, and skepticism to connect with the hearts and minds of today’s employees, consumers and customers.” – Cheryl Burgess, CEO, Blue Focus Marketing and author of “The Social Employee”.
“Aaker, the branding guru, demonstrates how to find or create signature stories that are intriguing, authentic and engaging, and how to manage them to energize your brand to persuade and inspire to action employees and customers.” – Peter Guber, Chairman and CEO of Mandalay Entertainment, author of “Tell to Win”.
- Forbes: Why Storytelling Is The Key To Success And How To Tell Your Story
- The Marketing Book Podcast: “Creating Signature Stories” by David Aaker
- CareerBlast.TV: Creating Signature Stories with Dr. David Aaker
- Marketing Today Podcast: David Aaker on The Power Of Stories And The Fight For The Soul of Capitalism
- CEOWorld Magazine: Why a CEO Should be the Storyteller in Chief
- AMA.org: 14 Reasons Your Brand Needs Signature Stories
- Marketing Science Institute: Creating Signature Stories
About the Author
David Aaker, is the author of over one hundred articles and 18 books on marketing, business strategy, and branding that have sold over one million copies. A recognized authority on branding, he has developed concepts and methods on brand building that are used by organizations around the world.
Explore how David Aaker and Prophet can help your business create signature stories that resonate with your customers and employees.