The 2020 State of Digital Transformation
Operations support, agility and revenue are priorities, as firms race to smooth out work-from-home challenges.
Benchmarking Digital Maturity in the COVID-19 Era
The COVID-19 crisis caused a major upheaval in the first half of 2020. Within weeks, organizations made drastic changes that were expected to take years, like shifting employees to remote work and digitizing customer offerings. The digitization of organizations that was previously anticipated to take years happened in a matter of days.
There is now more pressure than ever for digital to perform in ways that can power meaningful business transformations.
This year’s annual State of Digital Transformation report:
- Examines how organizations pursue digital transformation, analyzing differences based on digital maturity stage, industry, geography, and organization size.
- Examines the impact of COVID-19 on digital transformation efforts.
- Offers a comprehensive benchmark of digital maturity across five areas that define customer-focused digital transformation: Leadership and culture, customer experience, marketing and sales, technology and innovation, and data and artificial intelligence.
The report has four major takeaways:
- Operations support, agility, and revenue are top priorities given COVID-19. The lead use cases are working from home (82%); digital marketing (78% investing to improve); digital selling (76% trying to close compatability gaps); virtual product/ service delivery (52%); and growth initiatives (37%).
- The more digitally mature the company, the more they are focused on responding to and taking advantage of the COVID-19 crisis. The less digitally mature the company, the more they are working on implementing digital basics.
- Digitally mature companies are maintaining their strategic focus despite the pandemic; they focus on digitally-driven innovation, incorporating a new wave of technologies with an intensity that is outpacing the market.
- Leadership from CEOs and CIO/CTOs — supplemented by CDOs, Innovation Officers, and Boards — helps ensure firms chart and follow their digital transformation ambitions.
Download the full report below to learn more.