Report: Benchmarking Digital Maturity in B2B Companies
Discover the main drivers of digital transformation investments and initiatives for B2B companies, based on 170 interviews.
B2B organizations have made drastic changes in response to COVID-19 – shifting to remote work, digitizing customer offerings and moving commerce online. Digitization planned to take years happened in months.
Based on conversations with 170 senior B2B transformation leaders and C-suite executives, this report reveals the main drivers of digital transformation investments and initiatives for B2B companies in 2020.
Here’s what you can expect to learn:
- Substantial Operational Shifts Due to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Exposed Significant Gaps in Digital Selling Capabilities
- Marketing Transformation Continues Despite and Because of the Pandemic
- Five Stages of Digital Transformation Maturity
- Most Companies Continue Transformation Initiatives – Digitally Mature Are Accelerating
- Application of Digital Tools Varies by Maturity Stage
- Technology Priorities Reflect Level of Digital Transformation Maturity
- Digital Transformation Sponsored Primarily by CIO/CTOs and CEOs
Download the full study to explore additional findings and examine detailed charts for each of the headlines provided above.
About the Authors
Fred Geyer and Joerg Niessing are co-authors of The Definitive Guide to B2B Digital Transformation, curators of B2BDigitalTransformation.com – an online resource center for B2B transformation leaders and facilitators of a monthly webinar series featuring senior B2B executives discussing the challenges of B2B digital transformation. For more information about the guide, the webinar series or to gain access to the online resources go to B2BDT.com. Fred is a Senior Partner at Prophet, a leading growth and transformation consultancy and Joerg is Senior Affiliate Professor of Marketing at INSEAD and director of INSEAD’s “B2B Marketing Strategies” and “Leading Digital Marketing” programs.
This independent research was fully funded by Altimeter, A Prophet Company. This report is published under the principle of Open Research and is intended to advance the industry at no cost. This report is intended for you to read, utilize, and share with others; if you do so, please provide attribution to Altimeter, a Prophet Company. This B2B report is part of a larger study by Altimeter, A Prophet Company: The 2020 State of Digital Transformation was authored by Charlene Li, Omar Akhtar, Susan Etlinger, Ed Terpening, Ted Moser, and Aubrey Littleton.