Strategy Engagement Manager - Hong Kong
Summary of Position:
Engagement Managers are the linchpin of Prophet, responsible for running day-to-day projects, leading problem solving, guiding clients, and managing teams.
What you'll do:
- Lead and drive innovative and high quality solutions for clients.
- Leverage expertise and tools around research and analysis, insight development, hypothesis generation, business model development, etc. to lead teams in the problem solving approach.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary professionals (e.g., designers, architects, researchers, and digital strategists) to develop hypotheses, conduct and manage research and analysis, and formulate insightful and actionable recommendations for clients.
- Actively lead and participate in problem-solving sessions across a range of topics (brand, growth, marketing, digital), relying on both analytical and creative techniques to get to compelling results.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of senior level client relationships as a strong representative of Prophet.
- Manage Prophet teams to drive superior results and bold, insightful recommendations.
- Ensure great work is delivered, while monitoring project scope and profitability.
- Present ideas and recommendations to senior executives.
- Develop relationships with c-level clients and with thought leaders at the firm
- Identify and support new business leads.
- Take on a firm leadership roles – mentoring more junior staff to develop high performing consultants, advancing IP development efforts, and taking on other roles of interest (marketing, recruiting, etc.) to drive Prophet’s growth.
In all these activities, Engagement Managers will act as an important coach and manager – harnessing the talents and resources within Prophet’s consulting teams who are critical to service delivery, and clients themselves.
What we're looking for
- Smart thinkers with superior problem solving skills, well-developed research and analytic capabilities, and creative thinking expertise.
- Big thinkers…with a dose of pragmatism who have the ability to develop a strategy as well as bring it to life through tactical implementation.
- Curious thinkers with an unrelenting commitment to get to the answer, to test new approaches, and push others’ assumptions .
- Nimble thinkers who embrace ambiguity, can navigate murky problems with no clear solution and drive the team to clear and impactful outcomes.
- Persuasive communicators with demonstrated success moving mountains.
- Respected leaders with experience managing teams who enhance success through guidance, leadership, and active participation on internal and external client project initiatives.
- Business builders with an ability to cultivate existing and new client relationships to drive commercial success for the firm.
- Native Mandarin speakers preferred.
What's in it for you
Working at Prophet will help you reach new heights. You’ll grow and develop skills that will be a catalyst for future opportunities, both within our firm and beyond. Many Engagement Managers utilize the skills they develop as a path to Partner in the firm. Outside the firm, Prophet Alumni have gone on to start not-for-profits, create companies, run large businesses, and pursue their passions in the arts, among many other endeavors. As an engagement manager at Prophet, you will:
- Accelerate your career and develop the skills needed to excel both within Prophet and beyond.
- Master multi-disciplinary teamwork and set your team’s agenda.
- Have access to respected industry thought leaders and senior members of the firm.
- Build your professional network and create a platform for future success.
- Make an impact and start shaping your path to Partner.