Strategy Intern: Berlin/Zurich
Prophet is a global brand and marketing consultancy. We help leading companies win by delivering inspired and actionable ideas. We have worked with such preeminent clients as BMW, Marriott, Cathay Pacific Airways and HTC on a broad scope of projects in our areas of expertise: brand, marketing, innovation, design, digital and analytics.
More specifically, we help our clients improve impact and reputation through:
- Relevant branding and go-to-market strategies
- A deeper understanding of what drives ROI and brand value
- Compelling visual identities, branded environments and customer experiences
- Engaging digital strategies and customer experiences
- Enhanced brand management, marketing and innovation capabilities
- New products, services and experiences
The firm is widely recognized for making numerous contributions to the science and knowledge of branding and marketing strategy, as captured in books by David Aaker, Scott Davis and Michael Dunn; including Brand Relevance, The Shift, Spanning Silos, Building Strong Brands, Brand Portfolio Strategy, Building the Brand-Driven Business and Brand Asset Management. Our Partners are sought after thought leaders and experts, with their viewpoints regularly appearing in such media as Advertising Age, CNBC, CNET, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, Marketing and Marketing Week.
Prophet has over 400 employees; they come from diverse backgrounds in advertising, consulting, academics and industry positions as brand and marketing executives. This enables Prophet to bring strategy and imagination to our clients’ most difficult challenges. We currently maintain [office locations] in Atlanta, Berlin, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York City, Richmond, San Francisco and Zurich.
We plan to bring in exceptional talent as interns for 10 weeks to get a broad experience base across our multiple offerings. You will get actively involved with client work and be trained in brand strategy, marketing strategy, innovation and design. You will gain an understanding of how clients make strategic decisions that will impact the future of their brands and company. Interns will get the opportunity to learn about consulting methodologies, specific market research tools and many other frameworks that contribute to our areas of expertise. Our approach to each engagement is designed to enhance the intern’s potential for developing a cutting-edge capability in brand strategy consulting.
Typical tasks assigned to Prophet Interns include:
- Research and analysis
- Competitive benchmarking
- Researching the client's market and customer base
- Financial Modeling
- Client deliverable development (written and presentation form)
- Developing insights and recommendations based on findings
- Project management and administration
In addition to the above Prophet's summer interns are often charged with more demanding assignments, such as proposal writing and client presentation delivery. Interns work closely with partners, engagement managers and senior associates in team situations and are encouraged to cultivate their own analyses and recommendations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Students in their penultimate/ultimate year pursuing a business-related degree (including but not limited to: Global Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics) who demonstrated strong academic performance
- Ideally with past internship experience with MNCs or consulting firms
- Research and analytic skills – comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer expertise, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic environment with a self-starter mindset
- Passion for brand and marketing strategy; interest in helping clients win
- Adept at enhancing team success through active participation in internal and external client project teams
- Fluency in written and verbal German and English
If you would like to be considered as an intern in Berlin or Zurich, please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Associate Intern ref:BZSAS17" in the subject line by May 15, 2017.