Senior Design Director
Prophet is a next generation consultancy that fuses insights, strategy, creativity and imagination to help clients create better ways to grow. We uncover deeper customer insights, build stronger brand relevance and deliver engaging customer experiences for some of the world’s most successful companies such as BMW, Cisco, Electrolux, GE, Johnson & Johnson, McDonald's, Siemens, UBS and Zurich Financial. Our 300+ experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design help companies bridge the gap between strategy and execution to drive real market impact.
The firm is widely recognized for making numerous contributions to the science and knowledge of branding and marketing strategy, as captured in books by David Aaker, Scott Davis, and Michael Dunn, including Brand Relevance, The Shift, Spanning Silos, Building Strong Brands, Brand Portfolio Strategy, Building the Brand-Driven Business and Brand Asset Management. Our Partners are sought after thought leaders and experts, with their viewpoints regularly appearing in such media as Advertising Age, CMO.com, Fast Company, Forbes, HBR, Marketing and Marketing Week, among others.
Prophet has over 300 global employees from diverse backgrounds in advertising, consulting, academics and industry positions. This enables Prophet to bring strategy and imagination to our clients’ most difficult challenges. We currently maintain offices in Atlanta, Berlin, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, Richmond, San Francisco and Zurich.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a senior level designer with 7-10 years experience in corporate branding, print graphics, packaging, environments and digital areas. The senior design director will be responsible for helping to build the firm’s design practice and will serve as a lead advisory consultant on client projects. Detailed responsibilities include the following:
- Lead design teams across multiple client engagements, driving high quality deliverables
- Work closely with multi disciplinary project teams across strategy, design and innovation to deliver best in class results for clients
- Create and share vision for design strategy engagements
- Participate in the business development process, including identifying key accounts to pursue, working on pitches and presentations to prospective clients, proposal development and contract negotiation
- Drive deep client relationships across multiple accounts
- Oversee profitability, deliverables, timelines and budgets of all engagements in the practice
- Provide leadership for project teams, infusing a superior design aesthetic into the work
- Manage and cultivate the professional development of staff members
- Must have significant experience in delivering strategic design consulting services at a leading professional services firm or design agency
- Experience managing teams with diverse design backgrounds
- Excellent presentation (oral and written) skills; thought leadership development a plus
- Long term client relationship development experience
- Should be comfortable with travel necessary in a client service business