Corporate Strategy AnalystAtlanta, Austin, Chicago, New York, Richmond, San Francisco
We are looking for someone who is deeply curious, then translates what they learn into insight and action; someone who can think about long term strategy but also enjoys digging into the details. Your role will support us in areas that are critical to our firm’s transformation, particularly helping us advance our corporate development and market intelligence priorities.
This role provides a unique opportunity within the firm to work closely across the global Sr. Leadership team, supported by day-to-day guidance from corporate strategy team leaders. Your work will have a direct impact on the future direction of firm building activities.
The Corporate Strategy Team
We wear a lot of hats. We are scrappy and entrepreneurial, doing what it takes to scale and grow the firm. The strategy team at Prophet functions as an internal consulting group, driving the firm’s overall strategy, corporate development, and key projects pertaining to the CEO and board agenda. Some of what we do happens annually, such as business planning and M&A, but most of what we work on changes from year to year. We think this keeps things fresh, interesting, and exciting and helps to broaden your skillset.
- Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships
- Assess digital ecosystem and identify market trends that impact Prophet from a competitive perspective
- Source and monitor companies that Prophet should consider for both partnerships and corporate development
- Provide coordination support on sourcing and calendaring introductions, follow-ups & debriefs; assist in capturing debrief insights for team to review
- Supplement corporate development activity with additional fact finding / analysis
- Support on LOI / deal structure modeling and analysis
- Market Intelligence
- Track industry trends, competitor moves, and buyer needs
- Become go-to resource in the firm for how to use our market intelligence tools
- Translate learnings into actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders
- Quality Assurance Process
- Review for key themes and insights that the business needs to address
- Outline areas for improvement and evolution to make insights more actionable
- 1-2 years of corporate work experience, preferably in professional services, M&A, or corporate/business strategy
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and information and identify the key themes and insights
- Adept at defining a problem to solve, working with manager to define approach to solve the problem, then executing with limited supervision
- Able to contribute to well-designed and logical documents for senior management with opportunity for presenting to senior audiences
- Quantitative and analytic skills – experience with Excel pivot tables a plus (but can also learn on the job)
- Experience with financial modeling would be an additional plus
- A self-starter who is proactive in identifying ways to add value or advance an initiative
- Confusion tolerance: has comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adapt, flex, and change directions given project and team circumstances, understanding the ever-changing world of business
- A curious mind with an unrelenting commitment to get to the answer, to test new approaches, learn new skills, and push others’ assumptions
- Excellent organizational skills and project management
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, balancing multiple projects
- A team player who is adept at enhancing team success through active participation
- Demonstrates discretion and business judgment and acts with integrity
Prophet is a consultancy that helps clients find uncommon growth through marketing, brand, experience, innovation and organization & culture capabilities. We operate differently than other consultancies, blending insight, strategy and creativity with an optimistic yet pragmatic approach.
We have partnered with some of the world’s most successful companies, including Electrolux, T-Mobile, UBS, Gatorade and GE. With twelve global offices and more than 450 experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design, we are able to bring together the right people with the right experience to solve our clients’ business challenges. Prophet.com
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.