Creative Design Manager
Chicago, Richmond, New York, Remote
Are you an experienced designer who is ready for a role that allows you to flex your creative and strategic muscles? Do you believe that a successfully executed visual system and supporting assets can contribute to the achievement of business goals and lead to better outcomes? Do you want to join a fun, collaborative, global team that is making its mark within a high-growth organization? If you answered “Yes! Yes! Yes!” – you might be the Creative Design Manager that Prophet is searching for.
The Creative Design Manager will join the corporate marketing department as the leader of its design team. You’ll be responsible for shaping the firm’s brand identity and overseeing its application across assets used to drive Prophet’s brand awareness and reputation in-market.
In this role, you’ll not only get to put your design chops to the test by creating purposeful and powerful assets but will also develop the guidelines, playbooks and portals that will ensure Prophet’s brand is activated properly internally and externally.
- Lead Prophet’s internal corporate design team; develop and mentor design associate(s) and external contractors and drive the creation of high-quality deliverables across media formats
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met and aligned with creative vision; own the development of brand guidelines, playbooks and resource portals, as well as compliance procedures
- Design and develop creative assets that help build Prophet’s reputation in the market; Demonstrate strong craft skills across different media applications including print, digital, illustration, video and more
- Oversee corporate design project queue; manage expectations and assign resources; ensure execution of on-time deliverables
- Evaluate design deliverables from the team; ensure high-quality output and deliver feedback
- Define and implement innovative solutions for digital direction, visuals and experiences; constantly exploring new ways to drive meaningful impact among Prophet’s key audiences
- Work in conjunction with brand compliance team to ensure consistent execution of Prophet visual identity. Identify ways to evolve and innovate Prophet’s brand visual system to meet changing business needs
- Present design strategies and concepts to upper management, clearly articulate ideas and suggested solutions to gain buy-in among key stakeholders
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Work with vendors and outside specialty resources
- 6+ years of design experience
- BFA/BS/BA in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated progressive growth on in-house or agency design team
- Advanced in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Sketch, Invision and similar design and prototyping tools
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience managing teams with diverse design backgrounds
- Solid verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Successfully manages time, process and workflow
The selected candidate will report to Lindsay McDonnell, leader of our Marketing Operations & Creative Teams. All Prophet employees are currently working remotely due to the global pandemic. This position may be based in any of our U.S. office locations or remotely, however, residency is required in one of the states listed here: California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington.
Apply for: Creative Design Manager
Our recruiting team will review all applicants submissions and be in touch within 1-2 weeks.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.