Engagement managers are the backbones of our firm and hold our project teams together. They lead partners, senior associates, associates and specialists, ensuring that everyone is working together towards the same goal. They collaborate with our clients, helping them achieve success in their roles while bringing ideas to life. Our engagement managers are both analytical and creative in their approach to solving complex problems and identifying the right solutions.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop hypotheses, conduct and manage research and analysis, and formulate insightful and actionable recommendations for clients
- Drive the problem-solving process with a broad team of consultants and specialists, using both analytical and creative techniques to get compelling results.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the client’s customers through leading interviews, focus groups as well as qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Create and bring to life client experiences, such as physical or digital Safaris, Hackathons and workshops to achieve impact and demonstrate Prophet’s signature and collaborative way of working
- Manage day-to-day aspects of senior-level client relationships as a strong representative of Prophet
- Manage internal teams to drive superior results and insightful recommendations
- Monitor project scope and profitability
- Present findings and recommendations to clients and lead large team discussions
- Manage, coach and teach more junior consultants around marketing and brand strategy, growth strategy, digital strategy, innovation, research and analytical techniques, etc.
- Identify and close new business leads
- Contribute to, and take a leadership role in, internal initiatives within the firm including IP development, marketing, training and ongoing educational sessions
- Help drive Prophet culture at the local office level by leading class gatherings, office-wide social outings and holiday celebrations
- A Great Education: BA or BS degree with demonstrated academic performance
- Relevant Experience: six or more years of work experience, ideally with a leading business, digital, or strategy consulting firm
- Horsepower & Intellectual Curiosity: the desire to move quickly, not be afraid of failure and be inspired by challenges; be a learner by nature and seek new information and inspiration to drive progress, collaboration and remarkable outcomes
- Meticulous Execution: embracing work, knowing its importance and ensuring the highest standards through iterative collaboration across teams
- Collaborative Involvement: proactively engaging diverse perspectives to solve problems and optimistically tackling challenges
- Confusion Tolerance: comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adapt, flex and change directions given client, project and team circumstances understanding the ever-changing business world
- Well-developed research and analytic capabilities, superior problem-solving skills and creative thinking
- Knowledge of and passion for brand, marketing and digital strategy and how they impact business outcomes
- Superior communication skills–both verbal and written– along with the ability to influence, persuade and ask the tough questions
- Ability to develop a strategy as well as execute the tactical implementation of that strategy
- Prior experience leading teams and enhancing team success through guidance, leadership and active participation in internal and external project teams
- Ability to cultivate existing and new client relationships resulting in the sale or project work
- Understanding of agile or other test-and-learn or design-thinking methodologies to co-create with audiences and quickly develop testable materials
- Experience with digital analytics tools – both native and third party: Google, Adobe, social (Brandwatch, Sprinklr, Facebook, etc.)
- A curious mind with an unrelenting commitment to getting to the answer, testing new approaches, learning new skills and pushing others’ assumptions
- A team player who is adept at enhancing team success through active participation in internal and external client project teams
Apply for: Engagement Manager
Our recruiting team will review all applicants submissions and be in touch within 1-2 weeks.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.