Engagement Manager- Op Model & Org Design
Engagement Managers are the backbones of our firm and hold our project teams together. They lead Partners, Senior Associates, Associates, and specialists, ensuring that everyone is working together towards the same goal. They collaborate with our clients, helping them achieve success in their roles while bringing ideas to life. Our Engagement Managers are both analytical and creative in their approach to solving complex problems and identifying the right solutions.
We are seeking an Engagement Manager with experience in leading and supporting Operating Models, Organization Design and Strategic Workforce Planning engagements. The ideal candidate would have a breadth of experience across organization and culture consulting, particularly in a business growth context. They would bring strong consulting, engagement and analytical skills to helping businesses reshape the structure, processes, skills and culture. They would typically work closely with other consultants in bringing new strategies and brands to life through flexible and dynamic organizations.
While every day will be different, our Engagement Managers can expect to…
…collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop hypotheses, conduct and manage research and analysis, and formulate insightful and actionable recommendations for clients.
…drive the problem-solving process with a broad team of consultants and specialists, using both analytical and creative techniques to get compelling results.
…gain a deeper understanding of client’s customers through leading interviews, focus groups, as well as qualitative and quantitative research methods.
…apply relevant frameworks, methodologies and analysis to the reshaping of businesses and their workforce to support growth and innovation
…create & bring to life client experiences, such as physical or digital Safaris, Hackathons, and workshops in order to achieve impact and demonstrate Prophet’s signature and collaborative way of working.
…work with a variety of growth clients including travel across and focused on the EMEA region.
…manage day-to-day aspects of senior-level client relationships as a strong representative of Prophet.
…manage internal teams to drive superior results and insightful recommendations.
…monitor project scope and profitability.
…present findings and recommendations to clients and lead large team discussions.
…manage, coach, and teach more junior consultants around marketing and brand strategy, growth strategy, digital strategy, innovation, research and analytical techniques, etc.
…identify and close new business leads.
…contribute to and take a leadership role in, internal initiatives within the firm including IP development, marketing, training, and ongoing educational sessions.
…help drive Prophet culture at the local office level by leading class gatherings, office-wide social outings, and holiday celebrations.
- Well-developed research and analytic capabilities, superior problem-solving skills, and creative thinking
- Knowledge of, and passion for, organizational strategy and design, workforce transformation and transformation approaches, linking them to business impacts.
- Industry-specific organizational transformation experience particularly in industrial and financial services.
- Functional specific organization transformation experience particularly in Marketing, HR and IT.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence, persuade and ask the tough questions
- Ability to develop an organization development strategy, as well as execute the tactical implementation of that strategy
- Prior experience leading teams and enhancing team success through guidance, leadership, and active participation in internal and external project teams
- Ability to cultivate existing and new client relationships resulting in the sale or project work
- Experience with organizational analysis, particularly OrgVue (particularly valued), PowerBI, Excel and Strategic Workforce Planning toolsets (e.g. Dynaplan).
- Understanding of agile or other test-and-learn or design-thinking methodologies to co-create with audiences and quickly develop testable materials
- A curious mind with an unrelenting commitment to getting to the answer, testing new approaches, learning new skills, and pushing others’ assumptions
- A team player who is adept at enhancing team success through active participation in internal and external client project teams
- A Great Education: BA or BS degree with demonstrated academic performance
- Relevant Experience: 6 or more years of work experience, ideally with a leading business, digital, or strategy consulting firm
- Horsepower & Intellectual Curiosity: the desire to move quickly, not be afraid of failure, and be inspired by challenges; be a learner by nature and seek new information and inspiration to drive progress, collaboration, and remarkable outcomes
- Meticulous Execution: embracing work, knowing its importance, and ensuring the highest standards through iterative collaboration across teams
- Collaborative Involvement: proactively engaging diverse perspectives to solve problems and optimistically tackling challenges
- Confusion Tolerance: comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adapt, flex, and change directions given client, project, and team circumstances understanding the ever-changing business world
Apply for: Engagement Manager- Op Model & Org Design
Our recruiting team will review all applicants submissions and be in touch within 1-2 weeks.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.