Creative directors shape and inspire the creative vision for select brands and prospective new business opportunities. They will manage a team of creative contributors to service one or more clients, while also managing and mentoring direct reports. They will act as the lead knowledge holder and creative strategist for client brand standards and will ensure every solution, including websites, campaigns, branded content, social and display advertising drives towards a desired business goal.
S/he will be highly creative problem solvers and accomplished creative with extensive project and client management experience. They will have a seasoned portfolio of supporting work to prove it. They will be adaptable, and understand the ins and outs of execution, while remaining at a higher level, strategic role — with the passion to dip into their core competence (i.e. design or copywriting) when the need arises. They will keep the internal and client teams motivated and engaged. They will push boundaries through creative exploration while adhering to user, content and technology requirements. They will be a confident leader, strong strategic thinker and organic business builder.
Successful creative director candidates love the challenges and opportunities inherent in interactive projects. They can translate client business goals into creative solutions that delight end users, influence behavior and build lasting brand relationships.
This role reports to the chief creative officer.
- Deliver innovative creative solutions for a select few brands
- Ensure that creative ideas and executions support client business goals
- Drive collaborate with team members in defining and achieving an overarching account strategy
- Meet with and present deliverables to clients, clearly articulating the thinking behind recommendations — always connecting the big picture
- Manage and inspire project teams
- Integrate and communicate well with team members across account service, analytics, project management and development disciplines
- Coordinate with project managers to accurately plan, align and scope onsite, remote and virtual project resources
- Review work from supporting team members to ensure quality execution
- Lead and participate in workshops and brainstorm sessions
- Guide clients through brand development
- Comfort with video conferencing and global account demands
- Help to create and maintain creative development processes
- Study and apply the latest trends to creative solutions, suggest approaches to improve project outcomes and help to invigorate the creative team
- Take a leadership role on new business pitches
- A strong passion for all things digital, with an appreciation for how it connects holistically
- 10+ years of experience in a digital creative agency
- Experience managing creative resources
- Solid understanding of design principles, user experience best practices, content strategy and copywriting
- Understanding of web design principles such as user experience, usability and accessibility
- Experience supporting national B2B and B2C brands
- Proven creative excellence in one of the following areas: art direction/design, copywriting/content, storytelling
- If design background, proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch; Google Docs, Sheets, Slides; Invision; Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- If copy background, Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), CMS Platforms, Google Docs
An online portfolio is required with resume.
Prophet is a consultancy that helps clients find uncommon growth through marketing, brand, experience, innovation and organization & culture capabilities. We operate differently than other consultancies, blending insight, strategy and creativity with an optimistic yet pragmatic approach.
We have partnered with some of the world’s most successful companies, including Electrolux, T-Mobile, UBS, Gatorade and GE. With eleven global offices and more than 350 experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design, we are able to bring together the right people with the right experience to solve our clients’ business challenges. Prophet.com