Insights ManagerNew York, Chicago
We have structured our firm to effectively solve the most challenging, transformational problems for our clients. Each talented individual we hire brings their spikes in specific areas, as well as passion and aptitude to infuse their spikes into our integrated, holistic solutions.
The insights and analytics team uses research and analytical techniques to identify the insights that our holistic solutions are built upon. Our team members are not bound by research techniques or fancy statistical modeling jargon. We love defining problems, designing an approach and interrogating the often complex, multi-sourced, unstructured data to identify fresh insights that lead to uncommon growth opportunities. We deeply value listening to clients’ issues and tailoring unique approaches and solutions for their specific needs. We are first and foremost life learners – driven, undaunted, unflappable and creative.
The insights manager will help lead our multidisciplinary teams, focusing on:
- Defining and framing client situations into clear, answerable research and analytics questions
- Creating the most effective approach to conducting source agnostic research and analysis, using a combination of trend reports, client data, primary and secondary research and other digitally sourced data (i.e. web, mobile). And, pulling insights through an iterative process with the team, to answer these questions and form strategic recommendations
- Leading day to day problem solving with both junior and senior team members, as well as with client teams
- Managing vendors to execute and field multi-faceted research and data sourcing
- Mentoring junior talent, participation in IP creation and practice building, contributing to firm initiatives and business development
Successful insights managers display the following characteristics:
- “Radical” Candor – the ability to maintain a sense of objectivity when revealing the story of the data; while finding a way to diplomatically challenge a more established POV held by others
- A developed team leader and player – can be both a confident, independent contributor, as well as a plugged-in multidisciplinary team player
- An energized and undaunted explorer – we often solve large, messy issues for our clients. Insights managers are required to tolerate confusion, leverage and utilize others around them, ask intelligent questions to get to the root of the issue and spearhead the formulation of approach and methodology
- A strong communicator – a high degree of comfort drawing well-supported insights from complicated data sets to influence and convey a point-of-view to senior-level members of the Prophet team, as well as leadership in the client companies
- An excellent project master – a high degree of comfort managing multiple stakeholders; strong collaboration and teamwork skills; and a problem-solver with a results orientation
Experience and skills requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) with a strong background in business, marketing, market research or behavioral sciences (e.g., Sociology, Cultural Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Decision Sciences, etc.)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in fast paced, client-oriented environments – the ideal candidate will have a combination of client-side, vendor/consultant and/or agency experiences
- Experience defining a problem, designing an approach and leveraging a variety of sources of data (primary, secondary, third party) to answer the question
- Deep experience applying cutting-edge qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, and/or econometrics modeling, to a variety of marketing issues
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills around complex business issues
- Experience managing and fostering strong vendor relationships
- Demonstrated success leading client relationships and collaborating on project teams
- Strong set of research skills and first-hand experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques, included, but not limited to, 1:1 interviews/IDI’s, focus groups, ethnographies, concept testing, positioning exploration or validation, benefit testing, consumer or shopper segmentation analysis, need state segmentation, conjoint or discreet choice-based methods and experimental design
- Demonstrated familiarity with digitally-sourced data (text analytics, website click data, attribution modeling across traditional and digital media, etc.)
Prophet is a consultancy that helps clients find uncommon growth through marketing, brand, experience, innovation and organization & culture capabilities. We operate differently than other consultancies, blending insight, strategy and creativity with an optimistic yet pragmatic approach.
We have partnered with some of the world’s most successful companies, including Electrolux, T-Mobile, UBS, Gatorade and GE. With twelve global offices and more than 450 experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design, we are able to bring together the right people with the right experience to solve our clients’ business challenges. Prophet.com
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.