Marketing Technology SpecialistChicago
The marketing technology specialist manages Prophet’s marketing automation platform, SEM/PPC ads and is responsible for creating, developing and optimizing targeted external marketing campaigns for Prophet. S/He uses data, insights and digital best practices to develop holistic conversion-driven campaigns that bridge touch points (email, SEM/PPC, social, etc.) to deliver key messages to our target audiences in the moments that matter.
Success in this role is measured by database growth, an increased volume of engaged prospects and an increase in qualified marketing-driven in-bound leads. This position is located in Chicago and reports to the digital marketing manager.
- Collaborate with regional and practice teams, business development and the marketing team to support the design and execution of marketing campaigns aimed to drive awareness and leads of target audiences
- Help determine appropriate content, assets and promotion strategies needed to engage specific audiences across various channels (email, social, search, third-party, etc.)
- Manage email marketing campaigns and implement marketing automation best practices using Eloqua; including campaigns setup, list segmentation, email template design, landing page design, etc.
- Enact innovative strategies to increase inquiry volume, decrease cost per acquisition and outmaneuver competition in a highly competitive environment (leverage ABM, PPC, SEM and retargeting)
- Administer media planning, buying, campaign execution, and reporting for multiple digital marketing campaigns, including paid search, display advertising, LinkedIn advertising and more
- Partner with CRM specialist to ensure CRM and marketing automation system are seamlessly integrated and best situated to indicate sales readiness
- Build and segment lists for campaign engagements based on criteria such as industry, organization type, lifecycle stage, and persona. Promote data integrity best practices for maintaining a healthy contact database
- Continuously analyze the effectiveness of our integrated campaign engagements and develop reports on our marketing channels performance to assess the effectiveness and ROI of marketing campaigns
- Use a data-driven approach to create and present learning points and recommendations to optimize content and promotions to drive targeted engagement thorough testing and marketing methodologies
- Develop an understanding of the full customer lifecycle and sales process and how marketing contributes to it
- Document and communicate best practices for integrated marketing programs, including improvement recommendations
- Keep pace with marketing industry trends and developments; stay abreast of changes in technologies and platforms
- Other duties as assigned to support the evolving needs of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 2+ years of experience in marketing with demand generation responsibilities (email, SEM, PPC, etc.)
- Well-versed in at least one enterprise level marketing automation system (Eloqua preferred)
- Google Ad and Analytics certified
- Abilities in data segmentation and reporting within a CRM (Sugar is a plus)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Analytical skills and ability to convert data into actionable insights
- Experience handling multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Eager to learn, always experimenting, results-driven and takes initiative
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff from entry level to partners and work well in a team-focused environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience managing end-to-end email marketing campaigns
- Consulting and/or agency industry experience a plus
*Please submit cover letter with application that highlights your relevant experience and explains why you believe you’ll be successful in this role.
Prophet is a consultancy that helps clients find uncommon growth through marketing, brand, experience, innovation and organization & culture capabilities. We operate differently than other consultancies, blending insight, strategy and creativity with an optimistic yet pragmatic approach.
We have partnered with some of the world’s most successful companies, including Electrolux, T-Mobile, UBS, Gatorade and GE. With eleven global offices and more than 350 experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design, we are able to bring together the right people with the right experience to solve our clients’ business challenges. Prophet.com