Senior Associate, Business DesignAtlanta, Richmond, New York, Chicago, San Francisco
Business Designers are passionate, curious and committed to driving meaningful impact through the practice and craft of developing products, services and ventures that are differentiated in the market and able to capture value for the business. By taking a holistic view of all stakeholders, and getting deeply immersed in their goals and motivations, business designers combine behavioral and business models to enable sustainable value creation.
On any given project, Business Designers will work with brand strategists, service designers, product designers, product managers, research scientists and software engineers. Senior Associate Business Designers typically manage the day-to-day activities of Associate consultants; and, based on exceptional performance, will be offered opportunities to lead client engagements.
While every day will be different, you can expect to…
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on gaining a deep understanding of client’s context and goals, customer needs and competitive arena
- Identify key insights in the intersection between client, customer and market data and define new opportunity spaces
- Spark thought-provoking, innovative ideas by challenging underlying assumptions, formulating a point-of-view and help to facilitate creative explorations for ideation & concept direction
- Demonstrate business impact of design concepts with business modeling, financial analysis and KPI development
- Communicate the business case for solutions through a deep understanding of the problem space, impact and implementation needs
- Contribute to, and participate in, internal initiatives within the firm including IP development, marketing, training and ongoing educational sessions
- Contribute to the growth and success of non-profit clients through our Prophet Impact program, leading group discussions and in-field volunteer experiences
- 3 – 5 years of work experience, ideally in Innovation, Strategy Design, Venture Design, Product Management or Marketing
- In-depth understanding of human-centered design principles, methodologies, techniques and tools (i.e. design thinking, business model innovation or agile)
- Experience partnering with service design, product design and UX design specialists on business and user research, journey maps, insights and opportunities and prototypes
- Understanding of what drives business value, how executives think and how they make decisions
- Ability to get an in-depth understanding of the context of our client’s businesses and their industries, identify and acquire the right data set for the task at hand, and identify relevant and inspiring best practices and tendencies across industries
- Ability to translate a design concept into a business case, understanding the cost structure, revenue model, business metrics and go-to-market strategy
- Highly-developed business design skills demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work that aligns solutions to business goals, helping multi-disciplinary teams understand the impact of what they design
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, design and collaboration tools (i.e. Excel, Figma, Miro)
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adapt, flex and change directions given client, project and team circumstances, understanding the ever-changing business world
- BA or BS degree with demonstrated academic performance
Prophet is a consultancy that helps clients unlock uncommon growth by developing new business models, reimagining brands and experiences, driving demand and customer engagement and empowering people to transform their organizations. The largest privately-owned firm of its kind, Prophet brings a unique blend of creative and strategy to identify paths to purposeful, transformative and sustainable growth.
Based in San Francisco, with 14 global offices and more than 500 strategists, data analysts, marketers, digital experts and creatives, Prophet has worked with the world’s most successful companies, including AXA, CVS Health, The Home Depot, Samsung, T-Mobile, and UBS, partnering with them from ideation to in-market execution. Prophet.com
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.