Senior Associate, Product DesignAtlanta, Chicago, New York, Richmond, San Francisco
Product Designers are passionate, curious and committed to driving meaningful change in people’s lives through the practice and craft of designing for interactive experiences. Being human-centered and systems-minded, their design approach holds the “bigger picture” in view while methodically attending to the iterative and empathic steps to get there.
On any given project, Product Designers will work with brand strategists, service designers, product managers, research scientists and software engineers. Senior Associate Product Designers typically manage the day-to-day activities of Associate consultants; and, based on exceptional performance, will be offered opportunities to lead client engagements.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on gaining a deep understanding of our client’s customers’ needs, motivations, goals and behaviors through cutting edge qualitative & quantitative research methods
- Leverage actionable insights from design research to help formulate problem definition
- Model the customer’s context of use through personas and behavioral archetypes
- Craft relevant and meaningful design principles
- Illustrate the opportunities/challenges across the customer experience through journey maps, service blueprints, or ecosystem maps
- Spark thought-provoking, innovative ideas by challenging underlying assumptions, formulating a point-of-view and help facilitate creative explorations for ideation and design direction
- Communicate concept designs through sketches, low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes
- Demonstrate usability and usefulness of design concepts by creating and testing interactive prototypes
- Communicate design decisions and learnings to clients with excitement, structure and poise
- Contribute to, and participate in, internal initiatives within the firm including IP development, marketing, training and ongoing educational sessions
- Contribute to the growth and success of non-profit clients through our Prophet Impact program, leading group discussions and in-field volunteer experiences
- BA or BS degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral science discipline with demonstrated academic performance
- 3 – 5 years of work experience, ideally with Product Design/UX experience in a variety of organizations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- In-depth understanding of human-centered design principles, methodologies, techniques and tools (i.e. design thinking, lean startup and agile)
- Highly-developed design skills demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work that highlight using design to solve real-world problems
- Proficiency with design & prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Principle, InVision, Framer and Adobe CS) and motion design software (After Effects, Principle, etc.)
- An understanding of best practices for interface and interaction design patterns on both mobile and web platforms, as well as experience working within a responsive design framework
- Experience partnering with content, research, and strategy specialists on user research, journey maps and user flows
- Excellent storytelling capabilities to influence up, down and across
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adapt, flex and change directions given client, project, and team circumstances, understanding the ever-changing business world
Prophet is a consultancy that helps clients unlock uncommon growth by developing new business models, reimagining brands and experiences, driving demand and customer engagement and empowering people to transform their organizations. The largest privately-owned firm of its kind, Prophet brings a unique blend of creative and strategy to identify paths to purposeful, transformative and sustainable growth.
Based in San Francisco, with 14 global offices and more than 500 strategists, data analysts, marketers, digital experts and creatives, Prophet has worked with the world’s most successful companies, including AXA, CVS Health, The Home Depot, Samsung, T-Mobile, and UBS, partnering with them from ideation to in-market execution. Prophet.com
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.