Senior Digital Product Designer
Prophet is looking for passionate, curious Product Designers who are committed to driving meaningful change in people’s lives through the practice and craft of designing for interactive experiences. Being human-centered and systems-minded, their design approach holds the “bigger picture” in view while methodically attending to the iterative and empathic steps to get there.
On any given project, you will be working with brand strategists, service designers, product managers, research scientists and software engineers. Senior Digital Product Designers typically manage the day-to-day activities of associate-level consultants; and, based on exceptional performance, will be offered opportunities to lead client engagements.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on gaining a deep understanding of our client’s customers’ needs, motivations, goals and behaviors through cutting edge qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Leverage actionable insights from design research to help formulate problem definition
- Model the customer’s context of use through personas and behavioral archetypes
- Craft relevant and meaningful design principles
- Illustrate the opportunities/challenges across the customer experience through journey maps, service blueprints or ecosystem maps
- Spark thought-provoking, innovative ideas by challenging underlying assumptions, formulating a point of view and help facilitate creative explorations for ideation and design direction
- Communicate concept designs through sketches, low-fidelity and high-fidelity wireframes
- Demonstrate usability and usefulness of design concepts by creating and testing interactive prototypes
- Communicate design decisions and learnings to clients with excitement, structure and poise
- Contribute to, and participate in, internal initiatives within the firm including IP development, marketing, training and ongoing educational sessions
- Contribute to the growth and success of non-profit clients through our Prophet Impact program, leading group discussions and in-field volunteer experiences
- A great education: BA or BS degree with demonstrated academic performance
- Relevant experience: 3 – 5 years , ideally with product design/UX experience
- In-depth understanding of human-centered design principles, methodologies, techniques, and tools i.e. Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and Agile
- Highly developed design skills demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work that highlight using design to solve real world problems
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools; e.g. Sketch, Figma, Principle, InVision, Framer, and Adobe CS
- An understanding of best practices for interface and interaction design patterns on both mobile and web platforms, as well as experience working within a responsive design framework
- Experience partnering with content, research and strategy specialists on user research, journey maps and user flows
- Excellent storytelling capabilities to influence up, down, and across
- Confusion tolerance: comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adapt, flex, and change directions given client, project, and team circumstances, understanding the ever-changing business world
- A university degree in interaction design, human computer interaction or a related design or behavioral science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Motion design and UI animation skills
- Proficiency with motion design software; e.g. After Effects, Principle, etc.
Apply for: Senior Digital Product Designer
Our recruiting team will review all applicants submissions and be in touch within 1-2 weeks.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.