Senior Insights Associate
We have structured our firm to effectively solve the most challenging, transformational problems for our clients in a highly disrupted marketplace. Each talented individual we hire brings their expertise in specific areas, as well as the passion and aptitude to engage with our clients’ strategic objectives.
The Insights & Analytics team uses research and analytical techniques to identify the insights that our consulting solutions are built upon. Our team members are not bound by a dogmatic approach to techniques or fancy statistical modeling jargon. We love defining the problems, designing the approach, and interrogating often complex, multi-sourced, and unstructured data to identify fresh insights that lead to uncommon growth opportunities. We deeply value listening to clients’ issues and tailoring unique approaches and solutions for their specific needs. We are first and foremost life-long learners – driven, undaunted, unflappable and creative.
The senior insights associate will help support our multidisciplinary teams. Some tasks may include:
- Working with partners and managers to create the right research approach to solve marketing and business questions and achieve project objectives
- Translating key marketing and business questions into detailed primary research, sampling, qualitative and/or quantitative analytical modeling plans
- Working across multiple research approaches and analysis; and, with guidance, developing and executing analysis plans in service of project objectives (including statistical methodologies such as segmentation, regression & structural equation modeling, designing choice tasks and interpreting discrete choice modeling simulator (DCM), experimental design, among others)
- Working collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams, being comfortable iterating on solving problems until the approach is finalized and working with multiple internal and external senior stakeholders
- Pursuing proactive and effective collaboration with other internal groups throughout Prophet and improving internal tools, methodologies and processes
- Working simultaneously on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Successful insights managers, qualitative methods, display the following characteristics:
- A developed team leader and player – can be both a confident, independent contributor as well as a plugged-in multidisciplinary team player
- An energized and undaunted explorer – we often solve large, messy issues for our clients. Insights managers are required to tolerate confusion, leverage and utilize others around them, ask intelligent questions to get to the root of the issue and spearhead the formulation of approach and methodology.
- A strong communicator – a high degree of comfort drawing well-supported insights from complicated data sets to influence and convey a point-of-view to senior-level members of the Prophet team, as well as client leadership
- An excellent project master – a high degree of comfort managing multiple stakeholders; strong collaboration and teamwork skills; and, a problem-solver with a results orientation.
- A strong empirical or research background, such as Bachelor’s degree (or above) in business, marketing, market research or behavioral sciences (e.g., Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Cultural Anthropology, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Decision Sciences, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fast-paced, client-oriented environments
- Experience working with a variety of data sources to extract insights—qualitative and quantitative (surveys, behavioral data, clickstream data, etc.) and translating large data sets/research into initial implications
- First-hand experience (and not just managing) with a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques, including, but not limited to 1:1 interviews/IDI’s, focus groups, ethnographies, concept testing, positioning exploration or validation, benefit testing, consumer or shopper segmentation analysis, need state segmentation, conjoint or discrete choice-based methods, experimental design
- Familiarity with digitally sourced data (text analytics, website click data, attribution modeling across traditional and digital media, etc.)
- Familiarity with at least one of the following tools and platforms such as SPSS, Qualtrics, Alteryx, R, SAS, 3rd party data sources (Experian, Acxiom, etc.) preferred
- Ability to communicate in succinct, audience-relevant language to senior Prophet team members and clients
- Candidate should come prepared to discuss a use case demonstrating the above-outlined skills including the insights and/or actions that were generated from the work.
Anyone working at Prophet can expect:
- We know that you are ambitious and want to progress in your career. Therefore, you will work closely with your assigned coach at Prophet, who will make your growth their priority.
- Prophet’s mission is to build brands, transform businesses and move society. And this starts with you. Through Prophet Impact, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the global firm to support chosen charities.
- Group together as a local office to support not-for-profits in your own community.
- Offer pro bono work to smaller businesses.
- Get paid whilst you volunteer with a local charity of your choice.
- Whether it be a generous annual holiday accrual, whole company shutdown days (including the full week off between Christmas & New Year) or additional budget for you to spend on your own wellbeing, Prophet has you covered.
- Prophet understands that we each have our own preferred way of working, whether that is in the office, working from home or on-site. We are open to working with you to find a way that benefits both you and the Company. And we offer financial support to ensure that your home office is set up the way you want it.
- Prophet also offers a generous base salary and discretionary bonus programme.
Apply for: Senior Insights Associate
Our recruiting team will review all applicants submissions and be in touch within 1-2 weeks.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.