Senior Insights AssociateNew York, Chicago
We have structured our firm to effectively solve the most challenging, transformational problems for our clients in a highly disrupted marketplace. Each talented individual we hire brings their expertise in specific areas, as well as passion and aptitude to infuse their spikes into our integrated, holistic solutions.
The insights & analytics team uses research and analytical techniques to identify the insights that our holistic solutions are built upon. Our team members are not bound by research techniques or fancy statistical modeling jargon. We love defining the problems, designing the approach, and interrogating the often complex, multi-sourced, unstructured data to identify fresh insights that lead to uncommon growth opportunities. We deeply value listening to clients’ issues and tailoring unique approaches and solutions for their specific needs. We are first and foremost interested and interesting life learners – driven, undaunted, unflappable, and creative.
The Senior Insights Associate will help support our multidisciplinary teams, by:
- With guidance, be able to create the right research approach to solve marketing and business questions and achieve project objectives
- With guidance, translate key marketing and business questions into detailed primary research, sampling, qualitative and/or quantitative analytical modeling plans
- Have experience across multiple research approaches and analysis. With guidance, develop and execute analysis plans in service of project objectives, including statistical methodologies such as segmentation, , regression & structural equation modeling, design choice tasks and interpret discrete choice modeling simulator (DCM), experimental design, among others
- Working collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams, being comfortable iterating on solving problems until the approach is finalized, and working with multiple internal and external senior stakeholders
- Communicate in succinct, audience-relevant language to senior Prophet team members and clients
- Pursuing proactive and effective collaboration with other internal groups throughout Prophet and improving internal tools, methodologies and processes
- Working simultaneously on multiple projects with tight deadlines
Experience & Skills Requirements
- A strong empirical or research background, such as Bachelor’s degree (or above) in business, marketing, market research, or behavioral sciences (e.g., Economics, Sociology, Political Science, Cultural Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Decision Sciences, )
- Minimum of 5 years experience in fast paced, client-oriented environments
- Experience working with a variety of data sources to extract insights—qualitative and quantitative (surveys, behavioral data, clickstream data, etc.) and translating large data sets / research into initial implications
- First-hand experience (and not just managing) with a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques, including, but not limited to: 1:1 interviews/IDI’s, focus groups, ethnographies, concept testing, positioning exploration or validation, benefit testing, consumer or shopper segmentation analysis, need state segmentation, conjoint or discrete choice-based methods, experimental design
- Familiarity with digitally sourced data (text analytics, website click data, attribution modeling across traditional and digital media, )
- Familiarity with at least one of the following tools and platforms such as SPSS, Qualtrics, Alteryx, R, SAS, 3rd party data sources (Experian, Acxiom, etc.) preferred
- Candidate should come prepared to discuss a use case demonstrating the above outlined skills including the insights and/or actions that were generated from the work.
Prophet is a consultancy that helps clients find uncommon growth through marketing, brand, experience, innovation and organization & culture capabilities. We operate differently than other consultancies, blending insight, strategy and creativity with an optimistic yet pragmatic approach.
We have partnered with some of the world’s most successful companies, including Electrolux, T-Mobile, UBS, Gatorade and GE. With eleven global offices and more than 350 experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design, we are able to bring together the right people with the right experience to solve our clients’ business challenges. Prophet.com