Service Design LeadBerlin, London
Service Designers at Prophet are passionate, curious and committed to driving meaningful change in people’s lives through the practice and craft of designing for interactive experiences. Being human-centered and systems-minded, their design approach holds the “bigger picture” in view while methodically attending to the iterative and empathic steps to get there. On any given project, you will be working with brand strategists, service designers, product managers, research scientists and software engineers.
While every day will be different, you can expect to…
- Supervise multiple agile teams consisting of product managers, strategists, designers, technologists, insights and analytics, to understand user and business needs, form new digital products and experiences, create a business case, and identify enablers to bring an experience to life.
- Uncover user needs through research, develop deep insights, generate concepts and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design
- Collaborate with our insights and analytics, strategy and tech/data teams to understand user and business needs, identify design opportunities, envision meaningful new experiences, create a business case, evaluate the necessary enablers to bring an experience to life, and to create roadmaps for execution
- Lead the thinking and problem solving around service and product, strategy and design at a project level. Extend the craft beyond experience teams to the broader Prophet team
- Coach, mentor and develop more junior experience practitioners at Prophet
- Create method and deliverable artifacts that define service and product strategy and design as a way of working
- Serve as active participant in business development efforts, both within existing clients and for new client opportunities
- Manage day to day aspects of senior level client relationships and act as a strong representative of Prophet
- Manage Prophet teams to drive superior results and insightful recommendations
- Espouse Prophet’s values by promoting entrepreneurship and innovation; fostering creativity and engendering an ethical approach to conducting business.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence or JIRA is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with clients, users and cross-functional team members
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to business design, design research, visual design, interaction design and content design; willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset
- Advanced ability to directly create or lead the creation of experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows and wireframes
- Advanced ability to directly create or lead the creation of business cases and roadmaps for service or product concepts
- Extensive knowledge of rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes
- Deep familiarity with agile methods and team constructs is expected. Understands the product manager/owner role; has likely assumed it before. Working experience on a product team during early-stage product concepting and design is preferred
- Masters degree in interaction or service design preferred
- 7+ years in an experience studio, digital product company, or strategic design consultancy
- 2+ years management experience leading integrated, multidisciplinary teams solving experience challenges
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
Prophet is a consultancy that helps clients unlock uncommon growth by developing new business models, reimagining brands and experiences, driving demand and customer engagement and empowering people to transform their organisations. The largest privately-owned firm of its kind, Prophet brings a unique blend of creative and strategy to identify paths to purposeful, transformative and sustainable growth.
With 14 global offices and more than 500 strategists, data analysts, marketers, digital experts and creatives, Prophet has worked with the world’s most successful companies, including Formula E, Samsung, Electrolux, Polestar and UBS, partnering with them from ideation to in-market execution. Prophet.com
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.