Prophet is seeking a qualified candidate to join the People Team in our EMEA region, to assume the position of talent manager. Working alongside the talent director, EMEA & Asia and the recruiting manager, EMEA, you will provide on-the-ground counsel and direction to individual employees and Prophet’s EMEA leadership team, focusing on all aspects of employment in Germany and Switzerland.
Desired candidates must be knowledgeable, experienced human resource experts, ideally who have been responsible for an employee-base that spans multiple locations. Prophet is a global firm and, whilst based in Berlin, this position will be responsible for activities focused across our DACH offices but with responsibilities stretching across the whole EMEA region. Additionally, the talent manager liaises closely with other team members in the US, Asia and Europe and, whilst reporting directly to our talent director, EMEA & Asia, takes ultimate direction from the partner of recruiting and partner of people (both based in New York) and the EMEA regional lead (also based in Berlin).
This position will need the full skillset of a generalist human resources professional, especially recruitment and employee relations. The role supports the firm’s People plan to provide an employee-orientated, high performance culture through the hiring, ongoing development and retention of superior and “Prophet-right” talent.
You will be responsible for all or part of these areas:
- Recruiting: Sourcing / Cultivation / Selection & Offers / Closing
- Day to day advice and counsel on contracts of employment and the rights and obligations of employer and employee
- Employee relations, support, counselling
- Policy benchmarking, development, documentation, implementation
- Employee brand
- Immigration (visas, processing, compliance)
- Culture event support & coordination
- Polished, professional, mature mindset
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Poised, open minded, non-hierarchical, decisive
- Discreet – experience handling confidential information
- Adaptable to a new environment and culture
- Confusion tolerance: comfort with ambiguity and the ability to adapt, flex, and change directions
- Ability to work from home or work from the office as you choose, whilst effectively collaborating with others, either remotely or in person.
- Organised, structured thinking, ability to multitask
- High energy
- You are business fluent in spoken and written English and German (other languages also a plus but not a necessity)
- Experience working in a professional services firm in a human resources capacity, ideally in both recruiting and generalist HR functions
- Great knowledge of German employment law and how to implement it effectively
- Experience working with senior level executives across a matrix organisation, balancing decision making with collaboration
- Experience in a fast paced environment where speed and quality are equally important
- Demonstrated leadership skills and/or roles managing others
- Proven negotiation and mediation capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Diplomatic, persuasive, good influencer
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Creative problem solving abilities and willing to roll up your sleeves (as necessary) to get things done
- Effective at building consensus
- Undergraduate degree required; other professional degrees or certifications are a plus
Prophet was founded 1992 in San Francisco and today is the largest independent consultancy for brand and marketing related growth topics in a digital world. Our global team of 450+ thinkers, makers and doers combine its diverse skills to create fresh thinking, actionable ideas and beautiful design.
With our strong footprint in Europe and especially in Germany we are well positioned to solve our clients’ business challenges and drive impact quickly.
In all our projects, we combine analytical rigor with creative thinking which allows us to bridge the gap between strategy consulting and making things happen. Clients like AEG, BASF, T-Mobile rely on our advice and see us as strategic partners for the long term. We help our clients to find better ways to grow. Prophet.de
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer
Prophet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people are everything to our business. We encourage all of our employees to be fearlessly human and unexpectedly irreverent, welcoming the entire person to the office every day – no matter where they come from, how they identify, who they love or what they look like. Therefore, all employment, promotion and evaluation decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.