Senior User Experience DesignerAustin
Springbox offers a fun, stimulating, technology-focused work environment that is fast-paced and rewarding. We are committed to fostering an environment where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skill-set, while making a real contribution to a rapidly expanding agency.
Our Austin office is looking for a senior user experience designer to join our experience design team. Reporting to the associate director of experience design, the UX designer is responsible for developing creative and forward thinking designs for complex and dynamic mobile, desktop, and web applications, in seamless collaboration with UI designers, interaction designers, developers and clients.
The ideal candidate is organized, possesses natural time and self-management skills, and can juggle multiple accounts and tasks. He/she will effectively engage with his/her supervisor and/or project lead for approvals and creative direction in a timely manner. He or she will have good understanding of front-end development which informs designs and allows him/her to “speak dev” when talking with clients and collaborating with team members. Springbox is looking for someone who stays up-to-date on emerging technologies, seeks impactful ideas and designs and communicates and educates clients effectively.
- Drives creation of memorable and impactful products for a wide range of digital experiences, including web, mobile and desktop applications
- Create artifacts (user flows, detailed wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables) that articulate a meaningful user experience
- Work collaboratively with clients to translate business requirements into detailed application design solutions
- Advocate fiercely for the needs of application end users
- Participate in a user-centered design process, driving a focus on validation through user testing
- Collaborate daily with a core team of specialists, strategists, visual designers, content strategists and visual designers, to deliver digital experiences
- Document design standards
- 3+ years of experience in an interactive agency or product team – past interactive focus is a must
- Full proficiency with standard wireframing/prototyping tools (Axure, UXPin, InVision), strong proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Ability to draw clear conclusions based on research and collaboration to develop clear direction and presentations for recommendations around direction
- Ability to implement design into wireframe screens and create design style guides and UI toolkits
- Strong understanding of the implications of design choices on usability and accessibility, development effort and SEO
- Intimate understanding of the requirements of various form factors, including desktop, mobile and large-scale screens
- Basic front-end development knowledge
- Ability to collaborate creatively with all teams
- Independent, flexible and accountable work style
- Experience working with Global recognizable brands
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Experience implementing design processes and mentoring junior designers
- Ability to jump between UX and Creative outputs to drive a product design forward
An online portfolio is required with resume.
Springbox is an Austin, Texas based agency that helps companies become digital leaders and realize the potential of transformative ideas to achieve uncommon growth. Its portfolio of services includes business consulting, digital experience design, campaign planning and management and digital product development.
Prophet is a leading global consulting firm that helps clients unlock uncommon growth through marketing, brand, experience, innovation and organization & culture capabilities. We operate differently than other consultancies, blending insight, strategy, and creativity with an optimistic yet pragmatic approach.
We have partnered with some of the world’s most successful companies, including Electrolux, T-Mobile, UBS, Gatorade, and GE. With eleven global offices and more than 400 experts in marketing, innovation, digital and design, we can bring together the right people with the right experience to solve our clients’ business challenges.