General Electric (GE)
Deepening customer penetration in B2B markets
GE Healthcare (GEHC) became a global leader in diagnostic equipment by selling best-in-class engineering to department heads at large hospitals. But the decision-maker was changing, making the sell more complex. A diversity of hospitals and clinics were entering the market, department heads were no longer the sole decision-makers and information technologies were growing in importance.
Prophet helped GEHC seize the opportunity to tailor integrated solutions to the needs of different segments. A first-in-kind industry segmentation uncovered three high-potential hospital/clinic segments and revealed the requirements of new influencers within each. Segment “plans-to-win” were developed, including:
- Developing new product lines for each segment
- Creating new segment sub-brands
- Reorganizing the sales/service force
- Launching a new selling approach to target hospital heads
- Integrating diagnostics and information services to provide more complete segment solutions
GE Healthcare gained the ability to penetrate a greater portion of the market and impact more decision influencers. By expanding the dialogue from engineering to needs-based solutions, GEHC is now a stronger partner to healthcare providers and has amplified its ability to develop future solutions.